Cultural References that Movies, TV Shows and Videogames Are Not Allowed To Make Until 2050(Seriously Give It Some Rest Already)
- Alice In Wonderland - Includes white rabbits, holes with magical lands inside, disappearing cats and mad hatters.
- Chess - Yes chess is a metaphor for life/war/love we know it. Double-verboten if the villain plays it and holds up pieces meaningfully while diatribing.
- Judeo-Christian nomenclature and imagery - Includes naming characters Zachary, Jacob, Abraham, Moses and whatever. Also calling your giant space laser the Tetragrammaton is a no-no.
- Greek-Roman mythology - Is kind of losing proeminence these days. Mostly because real world corporations already love to use this stuff, but haven't gone yet all the way and made a real Hades Corporation. (edit: I was wrong)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass - Includes any form of going through mirrors. Cumulative with 'Chess' above. Seriously, there are other books.