There's a Hole In My Hole
But what would cause such a thing, you're asking - or, for the purpose of the discussion, we'll assume you're asking? Here are some theories:
- A Type IV civilization decided to take its neighborhood into an alternate universe, hyperspace, virtual space or whatever;
- The same kind of civilization, except their equivalent of a gasket exploded;
- It's a signal by aliens. Radio signals are cool, but a crop circle a billion light years in size can't be missed.
- Galactus decided to raise a family.
- Parking lot
- Used car dealer
- Those atrocious parking lots with the huge department stores around them
- Starbucks across the street from Starbucks
- Nothing, but the whole thing is covered in plastic
- Another Type IV civilization fiddling with gaskets